- LIVING FOR FREE and GIVING
- Free Training
- Free Books
- Free Bread
- Have the time of your life!
- Shop Information
- Sample News Release
- Thoughts on your life!
- 2016 Shops & examples
- Den's Wish List
- About Dennis
- In The Media
- Contact Us
LIFE CHANGING WORKSHOPS
Dennis gives free workshops, presentations and consultations. Below are some he has held. If you would like him to visit your area, contact him.
'DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND THE MONEY WILL FOLLOW'
We’re told to get an education, find a job, make money and if that doesn’t work out, take the dole or a pension. Why weren’t we taught to discover what’s in our heart, why we are here, who we really are, what our purpose in life is, how to find our passion and true joy and how to make that our life’s ‘work’? All these questions will be answered on this special Saturday.
Dennis Stevenson: your coach to a new life. Dennis is a professional, award winning speaker, MC [Master of Ceremonies], life coach, business trainer, traveller, debater, philosopher and humourist. Interviewed hundreds of times on radio, television and for print media, Dennis lives his dream!
A few comments about Den’s workshops: ‘Many thanks for your remarkably valuable information (and your extraordinary personal efforts). I got so much out of it. Andrew.’ ‘Thank you for your awesome workshop! Tesla.’ ‘I truly valued your simplistic ways of conversation and the content was powerful. I enjoyed meeting new friends. Alicia.’ ‘Thank you very much for this amazing workshop and for a great weekend. Jose.’ ‘A terrific, fun filled weekend of learning. Fascinating topic. Karen.’ ‘Awesome information. Leanne.’
Saturday Workshops (day or just afternoon) 1pm – 5pm or 10am – 5pm
Tues / Thur Presentations (2 hours) 7pm – 9pm
Courses and talks are in various locations.
All are free (contributions to Den's work are welcome but voluntary)
Possible Workshops (contact Dennis)
Speaking – increase your confidence in speaking to people,whether to one or one thousand.
Creating the ideal relationship – finding a great partner and/or building a special relationship.
Discover your Life's Purpose – the key to happiness.
How to create a job you love – go beyond just working for money.
How to start your own business – step by step creativity. Will also benefit existing business operators.
How to get things for free, including a house – the many ways to get things without using money. See the list 'Living for free...'
Can Dennis help you? (entirely free)
I have been fortunate in my life to have gained skills I love to use to give people a helping hand. My main passions are giving talks, workshops and personal consultations to help people review what they do in life.
I’ve helped people get a job, gain a simple understanding of physical and mental health, relationships and other daily challenges. I discuss practical and effective solutions to various business, financial, legal and educational matters. All very informal with no charge. It's my passion.
In August 2014 I ran a free weekend workshop for 80 people. In April 2015 I held a one day 'Communication' Workshop and others since then. In February 2017, I ran a free business workshop. Let me know if I can give a group talk or run a workshop for you.
I often receive phone calls from people who need a hand. Call me if I can help.
My experience comes from being a business consultant, Member of Parliament, life coach, police officer, Master of Ceremonies (compere), personal consultant, soldier and as a writer and trainer, covering subjects such as taking effective action, how to learn, public speaking, sales, starting a business, doing what you love, etc.
I'm usually at the Sunday Organic Market at Miami High School on Gold Coast Highway from 6am to noon, when I have a car. There, at my 'FREE BOOKS' stand, I give free consultations, mostly on ‘Discover your Life’s Purpose’. To help people increase their knowledge, I give away positive books, magazines and audio CD's. Children have 3 rocking horses, an obstacle course, slippery dip, free books, free pets (soft toys) and educational games. I also blow bubbles, which I claim is for the children.
I've given many great hardcover 'coffee table' books to nursing homes, and educational books to small schools.
If you would like free books or to chat about anything, visit me at the market or phone me. See 'Contact Us' The email messages come directly to me.
How to give free lectures and workshops
A real education is about gaining valuable knowledge and practical skills.
1. Think about the skills and knowledge you have. What knowledge would you really enjoy sharing with people? You don't need formal training. You just need to be passionate about your subject.
2. Plan your talk on a sheet of paper. Have an introduction, no more than 3 main points in the body of the talk and a summary at the end. To sum up, you can give a talk by simply, "Telling them what you're going to tell them." "Telling them." Then "Tell them what you told them."
3. Make it 30 to 60 minutes. Later you can expand to 90 or 120 minutes if you wish. Keep in mind that you can present useful data in as little as 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Find a friend who wants to help. While you plan and practice your talk, they can promote it and collect names.
5. Draw up a promotion sheet. Use a 5 to 12 word heading in a LARGE font and then list half a dozen dot points. Say who you are and why you like the subject. List when and where the talk is and the start and finish times. START AND FINISH ON TIME. Tell people how to book in. Give clear contact details.
6. Advertise your free talk. You can let people make contributions if they want to.
7. Find someone with a large enough home or nice garage to fit 10 to 20 people. Or perhaps find a small hall or room you can use for free.
8. Talk for as long as you're comfortable to just glance at key points. Then use the time to ask for and answer questions. DON'T READ YOUR TALK!
9. Always record your talks and workshops. Preferably video but at least audio. You never know when you will give a very special one that people would love to hear or watch later. Listening or watching your own talks will also help you to improve.
10. This is the way most professional speakers started their careers.
11. Have a fabulous time sharing love!